Course Launch Date
Ongoing Course: Enrol and start when it suits you
Access to support and resources for 3 months
Award: Certificate from ICEP Europe
“This is a tremendous resource, I am so relieved to have access to expert support from Gavin, and information I can trust - This is truly a lifeline for parents of children with dyslexia.”
(Parent of Jack, Age 9)
Dyslexia: Making the Most of your Child's Potential
An Online Certificate Course by Dr. Gavin Reid.
This dynamic new course is specially designed to help parents of children with dyslexia meet the challenges faced in guiding them to their full potential. The course is focused on providing practical information and advice on every aspect of the journey – from identification and diagnosis, to managing your child's learning, and knowing your rights and entitlements. The causes and characteristics of dyslexia are explained in plain language, and study tips and strategies will give your child the confidence to complete school work and assignments. This is a very accessible course and offers a framework for understanding the nature of dyslexia while also providing the practical knowledge and skills essential for helping each child achieve all they can.
We are very pleased to have Dr Gavin Reid as the author and tutor on this course. Gavin is an internationally renowned expert on dyslexia, with over 24 books in print, and we are privileged to have him collaborate on this course.
Who is this course aimed at?
The course is tailored to the needs of parents of children with dyslexia. It provides comprehensive information on dyslexia and practical strategies for meeting the challenges faced, and will be of benefit to all those whose children are having literacy or numeracy difficulties.
Key Course Information
- Throughout the course, you will be supported by one of the World's leading Dyslexia experts, Dr Gavin Reid and other specialist course tutors
- Share your experiences and gain help and support from other parents through the online discussion forum
- Learning is self-paced, with open access to the course for three months, allowing you to work around your existing commitments, and giving you total freedom and flexibility
- The course comprises 5 interactive learning modules, each taking approximately four hours of online study time to complete, or 20 hours in total
- Completion of self-check tasks gives you the opportunity to put the key learning points from the course into practice.
The course begins by providing a solid foundation to understanding dyslexia by examining the leading causes of dyslexia and looks at genetic, neurobiological, and phonological theories in an easily accessible style. Participants will learn to recognise some of the characteristics of dyslexia at different stages of childhood development, from pre-school to secondary school. A comprehensive overview of early identification and assessment tests will also be discussed, and most importantly the language used in standardised tests will be explained. The legislative and legal entitlements for those diagnosed with dyslexia will also be highlighted and explained. The course provides an overview of practical and effective teaching strategies that can be used by parents in the home and also at school. Strategies for learning and meeting the challenges of individual subjects areas will be explained as well as tips for developing memory, critical thinking and boosting self-esteem. The course also has plenty of advice on becoming an advocate for your child, communicating effectively with schools, and the benefits that can be derived from networking with others. Overall, the course will equip you with the knowledge and practical skills which will enable you deal effectively with the challenges faced in helping your child reach their full potential.
Tuition and Support
- Dr Gavin Reid heads up our dyslexia tutoring team, comprising specialist educators and psychologists. You will be provided with individual support and guidance as you complete your online studies from Dr Gavin Reid and the rest of our specialist team.
- Technical support is provided by our dedicated team of qualified learning technologists, who can be contacted by telephone or email.
Assessment & Award:
- Completion of self-check tasks gives you the opportunity to put the key learning points from the course into practice
- On successful completion of the course, students will receive a Certificate from ICEP Europe.
Course Fee: €175 (Euro)
Back to top